Maine Corporate And Business Law Attorneys
In Maine, every business is a family business where the owners do the actual work and deal with the employees and customers. And it always seems to get more complicated. Are you or your family running a business or thinking of starting a business? Are you thinking of expanding, buying or selling a business? There are a variety of ways to organize and operate a business, from sole proprietorships to partnerships to corporations or limited liability companies (LLCs). Which is right for you? Which best protects your personal assets? We can work with you and your accountant to get you into the right business form to do what you want to do with the least expense and in the most protection.
The firm offers experienced counsel in resolving complex business financial issues, including working with banks and creditors in refinancing and work-out situations.
The lawyers at Lanham Blackwell & Baber have many years of experience successfully representing businesses in Maine in a variety of areas:
- Buying, expanding or selling a business
- Limited partnerships and other forms of business entities
- Employer – employee matters, shareholder and partnership arrangements
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing property and equipment leases, licensing agreements, franchise agreements and other contracts
- Complying with applicable statutes and regulations
- Preparing annual paperwork necessary to keep businesses in good standing
- Representation before local, state and federal regulatory proceedings and permitting processes
- Succession plans for transfer of the businesses to the next generation
- Representation in bankruptcy court
Contact Our Firm
If you are in need of corporate and business law services, please call us at 866-557-9437 or fill out our contact form today.