Steven T. Blackwell
- Personal Injury
- Civil Litigation
Steven T. Blackwell received his B.A. degree, cum laude, from Albright College in 1977. After graduating from the University of Baltimore, School of Law in 1980, he was admitted to the Maine Bar in 1981. Early in his legal career Mr. Blackwell served as a part-time Assistant District Attorney for Kennebec County. Having been in private practice for more than 30 years in central Maine, his primary focus has been in the field of personal injury law, representing clients injured in motor vehicle collisions, by defective products and medical malpractice.
In addition, Mr. Blackwell has maintained an active family law practice, with a focus on divorce and child custody matters. Keenly aware of the adverse effects that divorce can have on children, he serves on the Board of Directors of “For Kids’ Sake,” an organization dedicated to protecting children of divorcing parents. A graduate of The National Institute for Trial Advocacy, he has trial experience in all Maine state courts and the United States District Court for the District of Maine.
Mr. Blackwell is currently a member of the American Bar Association, the Maine Trial Lawyers Association, the Maine State Bar Association (Family Law Section), the Penobscot County Bar Association and American Association for Justice (AAJ). He is a past President of the Waterville, Maine Bar Association and former member of the Board of Directors for the Penobscot County Bar Association. Lanham, Blackwell & Baber P.A. is a member of the AAJ Leaders Forum. The firm holds Martindale Hubbell’s highest “AV” rating-a professional rating based on a survey of lawyers that demonstrates the highest level of ethical, experienced and dedicated legal professionalism.
Mr. Blackwell resides in Bangor with his wife Ericka and daughter, Paige. They have three sons, Richard, Joel and Joshua, and a granddaughter, Adele.
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Kennebec County, Assistant District Attorney
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1980
- Albright College, Reading, Pennsylvania
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1977
- Honors: cum laude
- Maine, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Maine, 1981
- U.S. Federal Court, 1981
- For Kids’ Sake, Board of Directors
- Waterville Area YMCA
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 1985
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1985
- Maine Bar Association, Member, 1981
- American Bar Association, Member, 1981
- Waterville Bar Association, 1985 to 1986
- China Lake Association, 1988 to 1991
- Maine State Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- Penobscot County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Waterville Bar Association, Past President
- Maine Bar Association, Past President
- Penobscot County Bar Association, Board of Directors, Former Member