Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning
Wills, Trusts and Probate:
A well-crafted will is your assurance that your property and possessions will be passed on to those you choose and that the taxes and costs associated with your death will be minimized.
Although most people only need simple wills, some situations can get more complicated if the assets being inherited require management that the beneficiary is unable to provide, either because they are a minor or for some other reason.
Modern medicine is keeping us alive longer than ever before. Although most of us accept the inevitability of death, accepting that we need to plan for a time when we will need help managing our affairs is more difficult. Powers of attorney allow you to decide who that help will come from. Elderly family members requiring a Guardianship or Conservatorship because of Alzheimer’s disease or simple frailty of age are becoming more common.
The death of a spouse or parent is almost always an event that requires help from someone who has dealt with this before and very family has its unique dynamics. Our experienced attorneys are will work with you and your family navigating probate administration to carry out the wishes of the deceased family member.
A good will or estate plan also keeps the process of settling your estate as simple and efficient as possible. At Lanham Blackwell & Baber, we offer a full range of estate planning and probate services to help you achieve your estate planning goals while minimizing taxes. We can recommend and implement a variety of estate planning techniques and services, from a simple will or low-cost will “package” to complex tax shelters and trusts.
Our services include:
- The basic will “package” (a simple, economical way of obtaining the four most basic estate planning protection documents: a simple will, memorandum of distribution, power-of-attorney and an advanced health care directive).
- Drafting of financial and health care powers-of-attorney.
- Preparation of documents for management and disposition of real estate and other assets.
- Assistance from experienced mediation and litigation personnel, in the event of challenges to a will or disputes between heirs or beneficiaries.
- Preparation of trusts for care of minors, paying for educational expenses , care of surviving spouses, for the care of pets, gifts to charities and for a variety of other needs and purposes.
- Preparation of family limited partnerships.
- Preparation of petitions for guardianship and conservatorship.
If you are in need of estate planning and probate services, please call us at 942-2898 or fill out our contact form today.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
The information on this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. It is for informational purposes only.
The reader should consult an attorney to obtain legal advice about a particular case or situation.
Links to other web sites are not intended as referrals or endorsements of the linked entity.