Commercial and Residential Real Estate
Commercial and Residential Real Estate Attorneys
The purchase, sale or lease of a new or existing home or business is always an important and potentially stressful event. Our attorneys and staff have many years of practical experience handling commercial and residential closings. We provide step-by-step guidance from the start of negotiations to the closing. We operate Evergreen Title, a licensed title insurance agency, to provide our clients and their lenders with title insurance needed to protect from old title issues or issues that arise after closing.
We also represent residential landlords and commercial lessors in preparing leases. If a dispute arises concerning a leased property, we are experienced in representing both landlords and tenants through either alternative dispute resolution or litigation.
For commercial and residential real estate purchases, our services include:
- Forming and structuring corporations, limited liability companies, general and limited partnerships and other business entities for the purposes of buying, developing or investing in real estate in order to protect personal assets.
- Providing title insurance policies for transactions involving commercial and residential properties throughout Maine.
- Negotiating and drafting purchase and sale agreements for both buyers and sellers.
- Conducting title searches, examinations and issuing title insurance and preparing title opinions.
- Preparing deeds and loan closing documents for borrowers and lenders.
- Conducting commercial and residential closings.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in financing transactions.
- For commercial and residential leases, our legal services include:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial office leases, ground leases and retail leases.
- Litigating landlord-tenant disputes (including mediation and arbitration).
If you are in need of commercial and/or residential real estate legal services, please give us a call at 942-2898 or fill out this form today!
Schedule Your Consultation Today
The information on this website is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. It is for informational purposes only.
The reader should consult an attorney to obtain legal advice about a particular case or situation.
Links to other web sites are not intended as referrals or endorsements of the linked entity.